NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
EFFECTIVE DATE OF NOTICE: April 14, 2003
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact our Administrator at (713) 900-3900.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
The Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 contains provisions that give you greater access to your health information – your medical record, your billing and insurance records, and any other information our practice might collect from you to provide healthcare services to you or to receive payment for the healthcare services rendered. In essence, HIPAA provides you with greater control over how your health information is used and disclosed.
HIPAA also outlines the responsibilities that healthcare providers and insurance plans have to keep your health information confidential. For example, HIPAA requires we provide you with this Notice and that we follow its terms and the commitments we make in it.
The Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your health information. In conducting our business, we will create records regarding you and the treatment and services we provide to you. These records are our property. However, as required by law, we will:
- Maintain the confidentiality of your health information.
- Provide you with this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your health information.
- Follow the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices in effect at the time.
Please read this agreement entirely and carefully before accessing this web site. By accessing the site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use this site.
- Legal Disclaimers
- Accuracy. Every effort is made to provide information that is accurate. However, protocols, policies, syllabi, courses and other matters contained in this website are subject to change at any time by appropriate action of the Paul M. Friedman, M.D..
- Copyright in this website rests with Paul M. Friedman, MD unless otherwise indicated.
- No medical advice. The information posted here should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. We do not answer specific medical questions. The content and information provided is not patient specific and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or viewed here. Reliance on any information provided here is solely at your own risk. Results from treatments will vary from person to person and results cannot be guaranteed.
- No Warranties. This web site is provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, those of TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or NON-INFRINGEMENT or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. No oral advice or written information provided shall create a warranty; nor shall members or visitors to the site rely on any such information or advice
- Disclaimer of Liability. The user assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of this web site and the Internet generally. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall anyone involved in creating or maintaining this web site be liable for any DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, or LOST PROFITS that result from the use or inability to use the web site and/or any other web sites which are linked to this site. Nor shall they be liable for any such damages including, but not limited to, reliance by a member or visitor on any information obtained via the web site; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access.
- States or Countries which do not allow some or all of the above limitations of liability, liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by law.
- Online Conduct. Visitors agree to use the web site only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the web site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
- Third Party Content. We are DISTRIBUTORS (NOT PUBLISHERS) of the content supplied by visitors and other third parties. Accordingly, we have no more editorial control over this content than does a public library. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content made available by members, visitors and other third parties are those of the respective author(s) and we are not responsible for any material posted by third parties. We cannot and do not endorse it in any way, nor do they vouch for its accuracy or usefulness. Furthermore, we expressly disclaims any liability associated with material posted by third parties.
- Disclaimer of Endorsement. Reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us. Nor is an endorsement of us implied by such links. They are for convenience only, as an index in a public library.
- Information Subject to Change. Any information on this web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice.
THESE LEGAL NOTICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE